Spicy Udon Noodles with Mushrooms and Beef is a delicious and satisfying dish that combines the bold flavors of udon noodles, tender beef, and earthy mushrooms. Not only is it a flavorful choice, but it also offers health benefits. Discover the health rewards and keep on reading!Jump to Recipe
Table of Contents
Mushrooms, a key ingredient in our Spicy Udon Noodles, contain a variety of antioxidants such as selenium, vitamin C, and vitamin D, which have been shown to support and strengthen the immune system. These antioxidants combat harmful free radicals in the body, reducing oxidative stress and promoting overall well-being.
Our recipe includes lean beef, which is a source of high-quality protein. Protein is essential for maintaining and repairing tissues, including the heart muscle. Additionally, lean beef is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, making it a heart-healthy choice when consumed as part of a balanced diet.
Udon noodles, the base of our dish, provide a range of essential minerals. Potassium, magnesium, and calcium are abundant in udon noodles, supporting various bodily functions such as muscle contraction, nerve transmission, and bone health. These minerals are crucial for maintaining optimal health and ensuring your body operates at its best.
Digestive Health Support
Udon noodles contain dietary fiber, which plays a vital role in supporting digestive health. Fiber adds bulk to the diet, promoting regular bowel movements and preventing constipation. It also helps maintain a healthy gut microbiome, supporting the growth of beneficial bacteria and aiding overall digestion and nutrient absorption.
Metabolism Boosting Benefits
The spices used in our Spicy Udon Noodles, such as chili peppers, contain capsaicin, which has been found to have thermogenic properties. Thermogenesis is the process by which the body generates heat and burns calories. Consuming spicy foods can temporarily increase metabolism and energy expenditure, potentially aiding in weight management.
When you enjoy our Spicy Udon Noodles, the combination of flavors and spices can stimulate the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote a sense of well-being, reduce stress, and enhance mood, leaving you feeling satisfied and content after your meal.
Enjoy the fusion of flavors and evidence-based health benefits with our Spicy Udon Noodles with Mushrooms and Beef!
Spicy Udon Noodles with Mushrooms and BeefCourse: Dinner, RecipesCuisine: Asian CuisineDifficulty: Low
225 grams of udon noodles
225 grams of beef sirloin
150 grams of sliced mushrooms (such as shiitake or cremini)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
15 ml of sesame oil
30 ml of soy sauce
15 grams of gochujang (Korean chili paste)
5 grams of honey
5 ml of rice vinegar
5 grams of sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Cook the udon noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, gochujang, honey, and rice vinegar to make the spicy sauce. Set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the beef to the pan and stir-fry until they are browned and cooked through approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until they are tender.
- Pour the prepared spicy sauce over the beef and mushrooms. Sir well to coat everything evenly and cook for an additional 2 minutes to combine the flavors.
- Add the cooked udon noodles to the pan and toss everything together until the noodles are well coated with the spicy sauce and heated through.
- Remove from heat and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Slice the beef and also garnish with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Tag us on Instagram @cherrieswithlove when you make this delectable recipe to share the love and inspire others!
The equipment section may contain affiliate links to products we know and love
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories463
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3g 15%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Sodium 800mg 34%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 4.5g 18%
- Sugars 7.5g
- Protein 28.5g 57%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Spicy Udon Noodles with Mushrooms and Beef:
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this recipe vegetarian or vegan?
Absolutely! You can substitute the beef with tofu or tempeh for a vegetarian version, or use plant-based meat alternatives for a vegan option. Just make sure to adjust the cooking times accordingly.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can make it gluten-free by using gluten-free udon noodles and ensuring that the soy sauce and other condiments you use are also gluten-free. Double-check the labels and choose gluten-free alternatives.
Can I prepare the spicy sauce ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the spicy sauce ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. This can save time when you’re ready to cook the dish.